Monday, April 20, 2009

Animals galore.

I am currently experiencing a sensory overload (of the positive sort). Here are the culprits of my state:

Hell's Half Acre, Wyoming. An amazing underrated canyon. If you have ever watched the movie Starship Troopers, then you might recognize the location.
My favorite part of the day and the reason I had to add the picture of myself, though, would be an elder man at a nearby gas station saying to me: "What kind of outfit is that? A dress and jeans together?" I, of course though he was joking and so I responded saying: "An awesome one!" He then said "if you say so..." and walked away. Wow, rude!

Wind River Canyon, Wyoming. Here, I wished so badly that I had a boat so that I could join in on the fun that the numerous boaters looked to be having.

I took a 9-mile detour off of highway 20 onto this gravel road in hopes of seeing Legend Rock, the location of petroglyphs created 2,000 years ago. Unfortunately, upon arriving at the location, I found a locked gate and a sign saying that the rock was only allowed to be viewed with an appointment with a park ranger. I did find these calves, though.

Shoshone National Forest, Wyoming. I traveled throught the forest, hoping to make my way to the eastern entrance of Yellowstone National Park. The eastern entrance; however, was closed, so, I headed north to Montana so that I could use an alternative entrance the next day.
Bighorn sheep, pronghorn and bison made the detour bearable.

Buffalo Bill Lake. The sun was setting and the lake, looking oh so beautiful!

Sunset on my way to Montana. If it was only for this, the detour still would have been worth it.

Yellowstone National Park, Mammoth Hot Springs. Picture crazy, yes. The trails throughout the area allowed for, hands down, one of the top three experiences of my trip. The colorful areas are a result of the life of microorganisms.




The Golden Gate, Yellowstone National Park. The roadway was originally created by the Army Corps of Engineers and was the first through Yellowstone.
Yellowstone. Various places I found during my trip through.


Gibbon River, Yellowstone.

Grand Prismatic Spring area, Yellowstone. Here, the steam from the fumaroles actually travels accross the paths of the trails. HOT, HOT, HOT place, but nonetheless, amazing.

What I think is bison poop. It is everywhere throughout the park and I like it.

Old Faithful, Yellowstone. I recorded the eruption! Apparently is not the largest geyser of the park, but so popular because of its consistency of erupting (every 70 minutes).
While I was waiting for Old Faithful, a bear chased 3 bison across the park. This is a clip of the bison returning to where they had come from. Only on their return, they ran through a nearby parking lot. The incident became the talk of the town and rangers began roaming the area with their crackling guns in case the bear remained in the area. Pretty neat thing to see, if I do say.

Sunset at Yellowstone.

The oddest thing happened to me a few days ago. I was diving along and, all of a sudden, heard screaming coming from the back of my car. It didn't take me long to realize that it was the little voice of Strawberry Shortcake AKA SSCake. She has been traveling with me, but has been stuffed in my trunk for quite some time now. She wanted me to bring her out for some fresh air and so I did.
Isn't she cute?
I'm now in Idaho. My arrival was after dark, so I haven't the slightest idea what the place looks like. That will be discovered tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. hahahahahahah she would just SCREAM out of the blue like that!!!

    ReplyDelete